1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wrap exterior of a 9 spring form pan, including base, in a double layer of foil and set aside.
3. For the crust: Stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and first amount of sugar listed in a medium bowl.
4. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up 1 on sides of pan.
5. Bake until set, about 10 minutes; transfer to a rack and cool.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
7. For the filling: In a large glass bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, mix cream cheese until fluffy about 3 minutes; reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add remaining sugar.
8. Add salt and vanilla; mix until well combined; add eggs one at a time, do not over mix, pour into crust.
9. In a sauce pan, bring cream to a boil, then pour hot cream over chocolate in a bowl, gently whisking until smooth, add 1/3 of batter to chocolate sauce.
10. Drop dollops of chocolate sauce by the teaspoon on top of filling.
11. Using a toothpick, swirl sauce into filling across the surface.
12. Set cake pan inside a large shallow roasting pan.
13. Place in oven; carefully ladle boiling water into the roasting pan to reach half way up the side of cake pan, take care not to splash water into cake pan.
14. Bake until set, about 60 to 65 minutes.
15. Don't over bake; center will be slightly wobbly.
16. Transfer to rack and cool completely.
17. Refrigerate uncovered 6 hours before unmolding; run a knife around the edge to loosen the refrigerated cake from the pan.
18. Garnish with strawberries. (not included in nutritional analysis)
19. If the top cracks consider concealing with additional fresh fruit or chocolate sauce.