1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook veal and 1/2 pound beef in separate pans; add salt and pepper to each of the meats, proper internal temperature for food safety should be 160 degrees F and set aside.
3. Let them cool and then mix together with the ricotta in a bowl.
4. Add the eggs, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of Romano cheese, and fresh basil; keep mixing until well blended and set aside.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil add garlic, celery and onion; cook, stirring until vegetables are soft.
6. Add meat, cook until meat has browned.
7. Stir in tomato paste, diced tomatoes with liquid, dried bay leaves and sugar.
8. Cover and simmer slowly for two hours, stirring occasionally.
9. Prepare the curly lasagna noodles by following package instructions.
10. Grease a 13 X 9 baking dish and line bottom with cooked pasta strips.
11. Place three rounded tablespoons of ricotta mixture with a ladle of COOLED Tomato Meat Sauce.
12. Spread mixture to cover layer of pasta; cover with a second layer of pasta, then sauce.
13. Sprinkle mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano cheeses; cover with another layer of pasta and continue, ending with layer of pasta.
14. Pour remaining sauce on top of last layer and top with additional cheeses (additional cheeses not included in nutritional analysis)
15. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until top begins to brown.
16. Remove from oven; let stand ten minutes before serving.