1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
2. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and scallions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. In a large bowl, stir together grated sweet potatoes and onion. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add orange zest, cumin, salt, pepper, ginger, cilantro, and flour and stir well.
4. In a large skillet, heat about 1/2 inch of oil over medium to high heat. Drop heaping tablespoons of sweet potato mixture into oil. Press batter down in center with wooden spoon or spatula. Fry pancakes until golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn and brown other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on prepared baking sheet and keep warm in oven while you finish cooking all the latkes.
5. Serve latkes hot with scallion yogurt on the side.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013