Hannaford COVID-19 Vaccine Information Center
Hannaford Pharmacies are preparing for the distribution of the COVID-19 Vaccine:
Once the COVID-19 vaccine is made available to us, we'll be ready to administer the vaccine at our pharmacies. Hannaford has been approved for Phase 2 federal COVID-19 vaccine distribution when there is a larger supply of vaccine available, and we are prepared for quick distribution upon receipt. Our readiness actions include:
- Purchased additional freezers and prepared pharmacies to receive the vaccine
- Provided additional training and education to pharmacists, pharmacy interns and technicians
- Purchased additional personal protective equipment
- Developed digital appointment forms and scheduling tools to decrease wait times and maintain social distancing
Please check back for more information about timing. For more detailed COVID-19 vaccine information, visit the CDC website 8 Things to Know about the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program | CDC.
CDC Vaccine Distribution Plans
The COVID-19 vaccine is being distributed and administered in a phased approach, as determined by the state government and/or federal government. As vaccine supply increases, vaccination will become more widely available.
Stay informed. State plans may vary. To check your eligibility, see up to date information provided below.
Please check back with us regularly as vaccine availability may change quickly. We are committed to providing you with vaccination services as soon as we are able.
Important how-tos on getting the COVID-19 Vaccine at Hannaford
- The COVID-19 vaccine will be no-cost to you through your insurance or a government sponsored health program. Please bring your state issued ID and insurance card to your appointment.
- The vaccine will be available by appointment only. Please see your state-specific section below for eligibility details and to schedule your COVID-19 appointment online. You will receive an appointment confirmation by email with a link to complete your consent form online.
- If the online scheduler does not have an appointment available, please do not call the pharmacy. The scheduler updates in real time and reflects true appointment availability.
- Please do not arrive at the pharmacy more than five minutes before your appointment time.
- Post vaccination, all patients will be asked to wait in the pharmacy for a required observation of 15-30 minutes.
- Pursuant to CDC guidance and government orders, masks are required at all times.
- The pharmacy will schedule your second dose appointment for you. You will receive an appointment confirmation by email. You will also receive a reminder for your second dose by call or text.
In Maine, Hannaford Pharmacy has been authorized by the State to vaccinate Maine residents age 60 and older ONLY. Appointments made for patients outside of this eligibility group will be cancelled.
If you are a Maine resident age 60 and older, click the button below to schedule an appointment in Maine. Please bring a photo ID and any insurance cards to your appointment.
Click here to learn more about Maine's COVID-19 response.