1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Place 1 cookie in the base of each liner, dark chocolate side facing up, and set aside.
2. Place chocolate in a medium microwavesafe bowl and melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If needed, melt an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and yogurt. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. After last egg is added, scrape down the bowl, then beat for 1 minute.
4. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the mixture into a separate bowl (there should be about 1 1/3 cups remaining). Add melted chocolate to remaining mixture and mix until well blended. Pour vanilla batter into lined muffin cups, dividing evenly among the 12 cups. Pour chocolate batter on top. If desired, reverse layers. Alternatively, pour both batters into each tin at the same time, making a half chocolate, half vanilla pattern.
5. Bake until cheesecake is just set, about 18 to 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature on wire racks, about 1 hour, then chill completely, about 3 hours.
6. When ready to serve, press a chocolate coin in the center of each cheesecake. Serve chilled.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2014