1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut the bottoms off the Brussels sprouts and cut each into quarters. Remove the papery layers of the shallots and cut them into 1/2" chunks. Toss both in a bowl with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Layer vegetables on a sheet tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Slice and cube half the loaf of country Italian bread. Toss the cubes into a bowl and coat evenly with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
4. After the Brussels sprouts and shallots have cooked for 15 minutes, remove the tray from the oven. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vegetables carefully, as the tray is hot. Then, cook an additional 5 minutes.
5. When done, remove the tray from the oven and add the mixture to a large bowl. Sprinkle cheese one top and allow to melt. Serve warm and enjoy!