1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together egg (or egg substitute) and water to make egg wash. Set aside.
3. Open package of crescent rolls, separate dough into 8 triangles, and place on the prepared pan.
4. Place 1/4 cup cooked chicken, 1/4 cup broccoli, and 1 Tbsp. cheese onto each triangle. Top each with some pepper.
5. Gently pull up sides of the dough to cover the filling, overlapping the ends of the dough. The filling doesn't need to be covered completely. Small tears are fine and won't affect the cooking or taste. Gently brush each pastry with a light coating of the egg wash.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2011