1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Line base with a circle of parchment paper and grease again. Wrap outside of pan in heavy-duty foil (cover outer sides of pan).
2. Prepare torte. Over very low heat, combine butter, chocolate, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir frequently until chocolate and butter have melted completely and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in Red Raspberry Fruit Syrup until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for about 1 minute. Beat in flour. Add cooled chocolate mixture; mix until blended.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and place pan in a roasting pan. Add hot water to roasting pan until it's 1/4 to 1/2 inch above bottom of springform pan. Foil will prevent water from seeping into cake during cooking.
5. Cook cake 25 to 30 minutes until edges are set. Center should be soft and may still have a slightly glazed look.
6. Remove torte from oven and from water bath. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 hours.
7. Once cool, remove outer ring of springform pan. Place serving plate on top of cake; flip cake over. Remove springform bottom and peel off parchment paper. The bottom of the cake is now the top. Cake may be prepared in advance up to this point.
8. When ready to serve, prepare ganache. Over very low heat, combine chocolate, cream, and Red Raspberry Fruit Syrup. Stir frequently until chocolate melts (sauce may not be smooth, but chocolate should be fully melted and blended with cream).
9. Pour ganache over cake and spread to edges using spatula. Serve within an hour. Refrigerate leftovers.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2008