1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 (4-by-8 inch) loaf pans with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Sift gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon,and salt together into a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl whisk together sugar and eggs until light, about 2 minutes. Drizzle in oil while whisking. Stir in bananas, sour cream or yogurt, vanilla, and applesauce and mix until well blended.
4. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips if using. Sprinkle walnuts on the bottom of each pan if using.
5. Divide batter between the 2 prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 65 to 80 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2013