1. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to cream togethermargarine, butter, and brown sugar until well blended. Add vanilla and eggs andbeat until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Add tobutter mixture and beat until well combined.
3. Stir in oats, coconut, chips, cranberries, and walnuts, mixing by hand untilwell distributed. Cover bowl and chill for an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
5. Remove dough from fridge and drop by scant teaspoonfuls on preparedbaking sheets, about 2 inches apart - cookies will spread. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes; the edges should be just browning. Be careful not to overcook; this can make it difficult to remove cookies from the pan. Let cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve at room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2013