1. Mix together guava paste and cheese in a small bowl until combined. Whisk egg and milk in another small bowl and set aside.
2. Unfold 1 pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Using a 3" round, square, or flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut into 9 pieces. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
3. Transfer half of the pieces to a parchment-lined baking sheet and gently pierce all over with a fork. Place 1 tablespoon guava-cheese mixture in the center of each piece. Brush edges of dough with egg wash and top with remaining pieces of dough. Firmly press edges together to seal.
4. Brush surfaces with egg wash, sprinkle evenly with sugar, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake pies until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2016