1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat butter and both sugars until pale and somewhat fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Add flour mixture and mix until combined, then stir in chocolate chips.
5. Place tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 8 to 9 minutes; the centers do not need to be as dark.
6. Remove parchment paper with cookies on it to cool. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July -,- August 2012