1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat walnuts and sugar over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar melts and nuts are toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet and spread so nuts don't clump; set aside to cool.
2. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with pepper. Saute until thoroughly cooked, about 8 to 12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool a few minutes, then slice into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
3. While chicken cooks, assemble salad. Divide greens equally among 6 salad plates. Top each with pear slices and brie pieces.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together wine or vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and herbes de Provence or thyme. Add remaining oil and whisk to emulsify. Alternately, combine these ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
5. Divide chicken strips among salads, drizzle with dressing, then top with candied walnuts. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013