1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook and knead on low until dough is smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes (dough will be slightly sticky).
2. Lightly coat work surface with flour and form dough into a smooth ball. Transfer to a large greased bowl, cover, and let sit in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Punch down dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. To shape, cut dough into six equal pieces, then roll each piece into a smooth ball. Cover with a damp towel and let rest 10 minutes.
4. Place an inverted baking sheet on lowest rack of oven and heat to 500 degrees F. Working on a well-floured surface, use a rolling pin to flatten each ball into a 7" circle, being careful not to tear surface of dough. Cover dough rounds with a layer of greased plastic wrap (do not stack) and let them rise until slightly puffy, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Place two dough rounds, top side down, on preheated baking sheet and bake until centers have fully puffed and bottoms are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Using a metal spatula, carefully flip and bake until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Wrap pitas in a clean dish towel to keep warm and repeat with remaining dough rounds.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2018