1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Whisk egg whites and cornstarch in a shallow bowl.
3. In a second shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
4. In a medium bowl, blend together the Neufchatel and cheddar cheese until well combined. Evenly divide the cheese mixture among the 20 jalapeno halves. One at a time, place a stuffed jalapeno in the egg white mixture and turn to coat. Gently shake off any excess and then place in bread crumb mixture and coat all sides. Place each popper on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up; pieces should not be touching. Lightly spray coated jalapenos with cooking spray.
5. Bake until tops are crispy, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm, alone or with any of the optional dipping sauces.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2014