1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place paper baking cups into muffin tin cups. Spray baking cups with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to either reuse this pan or prepare two pans this way.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared baking cups; you should have enough batter for 24 cupcakes. Bake cupcakes at 375 degrees F, according to instructions, approximately 18 to 20 minutes.
3. In a mug or small bowl, mix espresso with sugar. Place a dishtowel or several layers of paper towels under a wire rack and transfer cupcakes to rack. Pierce surface of each cupcake with a toothpick three or four times. Drizzle 1 tablespoon espresso over each cupcake (dishtowel helps for easy cleanup). Let cupcakes cool, approximately half an hour.
4. While cupcakes cool, prepare topping. In a large bowl, beat whipping cream, adding confectioners sugar slowly, until stiff peaks form. Set aside and keep refrigerated.
5. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and mascarpone cheese. Use an electric mixer on low speed to mix just until blended. Add Marsala wine and beat until smooth.
6. Fold reserved whipped cream into cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into a plastic bag and make a 1/4- inch cut on the corner. Pipe topping onto each cupcake. Sift about 1/4 teaspoon cocoa and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon grated chocolate onto each cupcake. Store in refrigerator, covered.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2007