What Kids Can Do
* Stir yogurt and vanilla.
* Add sugar and frozen strawberries to food processor.
* Push button to pulse berries in processor.
1. Combine yogurt and vanilla in a glass measuring cup with a spout. Stir well.
2. Place sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process 30 seconds. Add strawberries and process about 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and process another 30 to 60 seconds, until coarsely ground. Be careful not to overprocess the mixture needs to stay cold, and processing too much will heat it up.
3. With food processor running, pour yogurt mixture in through the feeder tube. Process 30 to 90 seconds, until mixture appears smooth and uniform.
4. The yogurt will have the texture of soft-service ice cream and may be served immediately. To store, transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid and put in the freezer. It will be firm but still soft after 1 hour. When stored overnight, this frozen yogurt becomes very firm. It will keep, frozen, up to two months. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes and run an ice cream scoop under arm water before scooping.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2009