1. Heat oil in large, heavy-bottomed pot. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute until just soft (5 minutes).
2. Add tomatoes, sage, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender (20 minutes).
3. While vegetables cook, cook macaroni according to directions on package and drain.
4. Add beans, water, and cooked macaroni to vegetable mixture.
5. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until soup is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally (5 minutes). Remove bay leaf and serve.