1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set oven rack in top third of oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, purie black beans, salsa, olive oil, garlic, salt, and chili powder. Alternately, for a chunkier texture, mash black beans with a fork in a medium bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients by hand.
3. Dampen two paper towels and place tortillas, 6 at a time, between them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for approximately 1 minute. This makes the tortillas more flexible for rolling.
4. Working quickly, spread a heaping tablespoon of bean purie on each tortilla and sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded cheese down the middle. Roll up tightly, and place taquitos on a large baking sheet, folded side down. Pin each taquito closed with 2 toothpicks, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Serve warm, whole or sliced in half at an angle, with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2007