1. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2" loaf pan with a double layer of plastic wrap and set aside. Transfer crispy brownie cookies to a food processor and process until finely ground, about 30 seconds; set aside.
2. Transfer 2 1/2 cups ice cream to a medium bowl and mash with a wooden spoon until softened (keep remaining ice cream in freezer). Fold in preserves until only a few streaks of ice cream remain. Transfer ice cream mixture to loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle 3/4 cup finely ground crispy brownie cookies evenly over ice cream and pat firmly into an even layer. Transfer to freezer and freeze for 1 hour. Store remaining ground crispy brownie cookies in an airtight container and reserve for garnishing cake.
3. Cut brownies in half horizontally and set aside. After 1 hour of freezing first ice cream layer, mash remaining 2 1/2 cups ice cream with a wooden spoon until softened, then spread evenly over crumb layer.
4. Place a single layer of brownies on top of ice cream layer, cutting as needed to cover. Cover loaf pan with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours and up to one week.
5. When ready to serve, beat heavy cream and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Invert loaf pan onto a large platter and remove plastic wrap lining. Coat top and sides of cake with reserved crushed crispy brownie cookies, pressing firmly to adhere. Spoon whipped cream on top of cake and garnish with cherries.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2018