1. Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
2. Wrap the tofu between a few layers of paper towel or a dish cloth and set it aside to drain for 10-15 minutes then dice it.
3. Heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the tofu and saute for about five minutes. Sprinkle the soy sauce and a few grinds of fresh pepper over the top and saute another few minutes until the edges are browned. Turn off heat and set aside.
4. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
5. In a large bowl, combine the rice, tofu, sliced carrots and edamame. Toss everything with the dressing. Add the sesame seeds and cilantro and give it another toss. Serve room temperature or chilled.