1. Prepare the syrup. In a medium saucepan, combine berries, syrup, and cinnamon.Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes,stirring occasionally. Cover and remove from heat.
2. While syrup simmers, prepare the pancakes. In a medium bowl, use a whiskor fork to stir together white whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, andnutmeg.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together egg and egg white. Add ricotta, milk, maplesyrup, vanilla, and oil and whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir gentlyjust to incorporate. Gently stir in berries. Batter will be thick.
4. Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with vegetablecooking spray. Scoop batter by the heaping tablespoon onto the pan, makingsure to allow room between pancakes (they will spread to about 3 1/2 incheswide). Cook until the surface is no longer shiny and bubbles appear on the sides,about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden, another2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
5. Serve pancakes warm, with blueberry maple syrup in a pitcher on the side.Store any extra syrup, covered, in the fridge.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2013