1. In a large bowl, combine garlic, ginger, mirin, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and five-spice powder. Whisk until evenly blended. Transfer 1?3 cup of the marinade to a covered container and refrigerate.
2. Add pork to the remaining marinade in the bowl and toss well until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or as long as overnight.
3. At least 15 minutes before you plan to cook the pork, soak the bamboo skewers in water. Preheat broiler to high. Remove pork and reserved marinade from the fridge.
4. Working one skewer at a time, thread 3 pieces of pork and 2 peppers with zucchini, tomato, onion, and pineapple. Repeat until all skewers are prepared. You may have a few veggies left; skewer them as well and save for leftovers.
5. Line a broiling pan with foil and broil 4 to 8 skewers at a time for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade, turn, brush again, and broil for an additional 5 minutes. (Alternately, heat grill for 20 minutes. Grill skewers for 5 minutes, turn, brush with glaze, and cook an additional 5 minutes.)
6. Transfer skewers to a serving platter and tent with foil to keep warm while broiling remaining skewers. Drizzle any remaining marinade over cooked skewers and serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2011