Note: 6 cups of vegetable oil are needed for frying.
1. Prepare dipping sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Prepare egg rolls. Pour vegetable oil into a large stockpot and heat to 370 degrees F.
3. While oil is heating, in a medium bowl combine chicken, vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and cheese. Mix well.
4. Place egg roll wrappers on a work surface. Fill a small bowl with water and use a pastry brush to brush water over tops of wrappers. Place equal amounts of chicken filling in center of each wrapper. Fold bottom over filling, then fold sides over, and roll to form a cylinder. Press top edge to seal.
5. Fry egg rolls 4 at a time until golden brown and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
6. Serve warm, with dipping sauce and celery sticks on the side.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2009