1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the apple butter, date paste, eggs, vanilla, and oil. Stir until smooth.
4. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until thoroughly moistened.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling them two-thirds of the way. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.