1. Place a rack in lower-middle of oven and heat to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9" round cake pan, then use pan to trace a 9" circle on parchment. Cut circle out of parchment, then place in bottom of pan and grease.
2. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cloves in a medium bowl. Set one quarter of pecans aside, then add remaining pecans and currants to flour mixture and toss to combine.
3. In a large bowl, whisk oil, both sugars, and eggs until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, fold in carrots and dry ingredients until no dry flour remains. Transfer to prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
4. Bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes, then carefully invert and transfer cake to wire rack; let cool completely.
5. To make frosting, combine cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and a pinch of salt and continue to beat until smooth and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Spread frosting over top of cooled cake and sprinkle with reserved pecans before serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2020