1. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, soy sauce, and vinegar until evenly blended, then whisk in hoisin sauce and brown sugar. Reserve.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Swirl oil to coat pan. When hot, add chicken. Cook and stir until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Add ginger and garlic to the pan and cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bell pepper, broccoli, and water. Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Heat rice according to package instructions while vegetables cook.
5. Rewhisk sauce. Add to the pan with the cooked chicken, cashews, and scallions.Toss and stir until sauce simmers and vegetables are coated with sauce. Saucewill thicken as it simmers. Divide among 4 plates and serve with rice.
Source: Fresh Magazine January, February 2010