1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms and garlic paste and cook, stirring until the vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
3. Add prepared rice to skillet with vegetables, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Remove rice mixture from skillet, set aside. Wipe out skillet.
4. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook 1-2 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
5. Return rice mixture to skillet with meat, stir mixture over low heat to combine.
6. Remove from heat, add parsley and cheddar cheese. Place pepper halves in shallow baking dish or ovenproof skillet, fill with beef mixture.
7. Bake, uncovered in preheated oven, 25 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven and place one slice provolone each over peppers. Bake 5 minutes more.