What Kids Can Do
* Measure and mix rice, chicken, and bread crumbs.
* Fill muffin cups.
* Garnish with bread crumbs.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add olive oil, garlic, onion, carrot, pepper, and celery or kosher salt.
2. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add rice and broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
3. Set aside 1 Tbsp. bread crumbs. Add chicken and remaining bread crumbs to rice mixture. Stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and mayonnaise until smooth, then add to rice mixture. Stir mixture until evenly blended.
4. Divide mixture among muffin cups, a generous 1/3 cup per muffin. Pinch about 1/4 tsp. of reserved bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
5. Bake for 22 minutes. Muffins should be golden brown, with a crunchy top. Let muffins rest in pan for 10 minutes. To serve, run a knife around edge of each muffin. Use a fork to lift muffins out of pan and transfer to a plate. Serve warm. May be refrigerated for up to 2 days, or frozen. Reheat in 350 F oven, 5 minutes for refrigerated, 20 minutes for frozen muffins.
Notes: Kosher salt may be substituted for celery salt.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2009