1. In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken, jalapeno pepper, 1 tsp. ginger, half the garlic, 3 tablespoons cilantro, 1 lime zested, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Form into four 1-inch-thick patties and refrigerate while preparing sauce and relish.
2. Prepare cucumber relish. Combine red onion, lime juice, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons fish sauce. Halve cucumber lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place cucumber cut side down and slice diagonally into thin slices. Toss cucumber with onion mixture.
3. Prepare sauce. Whisk peanut butter and hot water together in a small bowl. Stir in remaining minced garlic, 1 tsp. ginger, 1 tablespoons cilantro, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 2 teaspoons 1 tablespoon fish sauce, and lime juice. Mix until well combined. If sauce doesn't come together easily, heat in microwave for 20 seconds.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place burgers in skillet and cook until each side is golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. If burgers are browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium; flip burgers again, reduce heat to low, partially cover the pan, and continue to cook until center of each burger is completely opaque, about 6 to 7 minutes.
5. To serve, transfer burgers to buns, top with sauce and cucumber relish, and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2007