1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Place onions on baking sheet. Add apples and stir to mix. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of the oil over the apples and onions and sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper, tossing to distribute evenly. Roast 10 minutes, then stir to turn the apples and onions. Continue roasting until apples and onions are tender and golden, about 10 to 15 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and pour in apple cider, broth, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, return chicken to pan, cover, and simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from skillet, raise heat to high, and simmer liquid until reduced by about half.
5. Spoon the roasted apple mixture onto 4 plates and top each with a chicken breast. Drizzle sauce over both, and serve any remaining sauce in a small bowl on the side. Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2014