1. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and rosemary and cook until the onion is tender. Stir in the sambal oelek.
3. Add the water and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the chickpea flour until smooth.
4. Reduce the heat to low and whisk until thick, 6-8 minutes minutes.
5. Spread in the baking pan and press plastic wrap on the surface, using your fingers to even it out as needed. Refrigerate until firm, 4-6 hours.
6. Heat a large, non-stick skillet and spray with cooking spray. Cut the chickpea mixture into large fries and pat dry with paper towels. Fry until golden, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve hot.