1. Begin preparing the sliders. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Removefrom heat, add bulgur and salt, cover, and let sit until water is fully absorbed (about 20 minutes).
2. While bulgur rests, prepare the yogurt sauce. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and mint. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. When the bulgur is ready, continue preparing the sliders. Add onion and parsleyto a food processor and process until onion is finely chopped. Add the cooked bulgur, chickpeas, carrots, cumin, coriander, and cayenne, and pulse until chickpeas are finely chopped but not pureed.
4. Add panko and stir in by hand. You should be able to easily form the mixture into patties; mix in more bread crumbs if it's too moist. Form into 8 patties, pressing firmly to shape.
5. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add half the patties and saute until golden, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and saute remaining patties.
6. To serve, heat pita in a toaster oven just until warm. Slice each pita in half and place a slider in each half, along with a few slices of cucumber. Drizzle with reserved yogurt sauce and serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2011