1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream butter and both sugars until fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract, beating just until mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the wet mixture and beat until combined. Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix until they are evenly distributed in the batter.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown and slightly crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Remove baking sheet from the oven and drop the sheet gently on a flat surface to allow any remaining air bubbles to deflate. Wait 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2012