1. In a small bowl, combine prunes and coffee. Microwave for 11/2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle 3 Tbsp. of the sugar over the pan, and tilt and shake to coat inside of pan. Discard excess sugar.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup sugar, oil, eggs, applesauce, water, and cocoa. With a fork or spoon, mash together the prunes into the coffee. Add to the large bowl and stir mixture until well blended.
4. Using a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mixing until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and cool on a rack.
6. While cake bakes, prepare the sauce if desired. Combine raspberries, rum, and sugar in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring to break up berries. Cook until sugar dissolves, then remove from heat.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into slices. If desired, top with a vanilla ice cream scoop and ladle with raspberry sauce.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May June 2015