1. Prepare the strawberries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In microwave set to medium, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each. When fully melted, stir until smooth. Holding each strawberry by the stem, dip part way into the melted chocolate, then place on the parchment to set. (Warm chocolate again if it begins to solidify.) Let set completely at room temperature, about 2 hours.
2. Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray, then lightly dust with cocoa.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the 3?4 cup cocoa, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat for 2 minutes. Add boiling water slowly and stir with a wooden spoon or a spatula until smooth. Batter will be thin. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake until slightly firm to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cake cool completely to room temperature.
6. When cake is completely cool, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. On medium speed, beat in strawberry preserves and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, mix in confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
7. Spread frosting on cooled cake. Place reserved chocolate-dipped strawberries on top of cake, evenly spaced. Serve at room temperature or chilled, cut into squares.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2014