1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13- inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Prepare the cake. In a large bowl, whisk together egg and egg whites. Add applesauce, yogurt, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
3. In a second large bowl, stir together both flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add this mixture to the egg mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Pour batter into the baking pan.
4. Prepare the topping. In the bowl used for the dry ingredients, combine both flours, brown and white sugars, salt, and cinnamon. Add vanilla extract and butter. Mix with a wooden spoon, your hands, or a pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the cake batter.
5. Bake until surface is golden and a toothpick comes out clean when poked intothe cake, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes before serving.
6. While cake bakes, prepare the compote. Combine the strawberries, sugar, vanilla,and orange juice in a large bowl and stir well. Let rest at room temperature.
7. Sprinkle cake evenly with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut into squares and top with spoonfuls of strawberry compote.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2013