1. Center a rack in oven and heat to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cup liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, granulated sugar, oil, citrus zest and juice, and vanilla until blended. Whisk in eggs one at a time, whisking until each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
3. Fold in flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until incorporated and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
4. Spoon half of batter into prepared muffin tin (cups should be about three-quarters full), then sprinkle lightly with turbinado or demerara sugar. Bake until tops are lightly browned and firm to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating halfway through.
5. Let cool at least 15 minutes in muffin tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool and repeat with remaining batter.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January-February 2022