1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
2. Make the aioli. In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely minced. Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pulse to combine until smooth. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Make the fritters. Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray andheat over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add onion and saute until softenedand starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining pepper. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, and oil and whisk together lightly. Add reserved onions, corn, and clams. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined; be careful not to overmix.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, 2 inchesapart; there should be 22 to 24 fritters. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until atoothpick stuck in the center of a fritter comes out clean.
6. Preheat broiler during last 5 minutes of baking time. Place fritters under broiler for about one minute, until lightly browned.
7. Serve warm with aioli dipping sauce. Top with lemon wedges if desired.
Source: fresh magazine July, August 2010