1. Combine the ginger, garlic, jalapeños, juice, paprika, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and water in a food processor and pulse to form a paste.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened.
3. Stir in the spice paste and cook until the paste begins to brown.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, peanuts, coconut milk, and coconut. Cook until mixture thickens slightly.
5. Transfer to the food processor and puree.
6. Return mixture to saucepan along with chicken. Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.