1. To make meatballs, combine panko, green onions, nine garlic cloves, the eggs, ginger, 3 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped, then process until mostly smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, add chicken, and mix well to combine.
2. Roll mixture into 1" meatballs using damp hands, then freeze on two parchment-lined baking sheets or large plates until firm, about 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, to make the sauce base, thinly slice remaining six garlic cloves and set aside. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium until shimmering. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, lime juice, remaining 1 tablespoon fish sauce, and the chicken base. Divide mixture among three airtight containers and let cool completely, then freeze for up to 3 months. Divide meatballs among three freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
5. To use in noodle soup: Bring 4 cups water, the coconut milk, and one sauce base to a gentle simmer in a large saucepan over medium. Add one bag frozen meatballs and cook until centers register 165 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer. Add veggies like broccoli florets, snow peas, sliced bell peppers, and baby corn and simmer until just tender, then ladle over cooked rice noodles and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
6. To serve over rice: Arrange one bag frozen meatballs on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until centers register 165 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Meanwhile, bring 1 1/2 cups water, the coconut milk, and one sauce base to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add vegetables like sliced carrots, cubed potatoes, and snap peas and cook until just tender. Stir in roasted meatballs, then spoon over steamed rice and top with sliced green onions before serving.
7. To serve on sub rolls: Arrange one bag frozen meatballs on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until centers register 165 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Meanwhile, bring the coconut milk and half of one sauce base to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add roasted meatballs and stir to coat, then divide among split sub rolls. Top with cilantro leaves, sliced chiles, and crushed roasted, unsalted peanuts.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January-February 2022