1. Trim the tops of leeks to the lightest green part. Trim ends, keeping bulb intact. Look for any visible signs of dirt or grit, and wash if necessary. Add to a large soup pot.
2. Add carrots, potatoes, peppercorns, garlic, mustard, bay leaf, and cabbage. Add enough water to cover the vegetables
3. Bring the water to a simmer over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for 40 minutes.
4. Add corned beef to the pot; cut in half if necessary to fit. Cover and cook an additional 20 to 30 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender.
5. Transfer corned beef to a plate. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer cabbage and carrots onto a serving platter.
6. Cut potatoes in half. Cut leeks into 1-inch pieces. Cut corned
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2011