1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Melt chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Stiruntil smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a large bowl use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat butter, brownsugar, and 1/2 cup of the sugar until well blended. Add eggs, orange zest, and juice. Mix until well combined. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Stir in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Scoop tablespoons of dough, roll them into balls, and roll the balls in the sugar. Place ballson prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake about 13 minutes. Cookies will spread, with a crackled surface. The edges should be firm, but the center slightly soft.
6. Remove parchment paper with cookies on it to cool. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July -,- August 2012