1. Set aside half the can of artichoke hearts. Add remaining hearts to a food processor along with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, and pepper and puree until smooth. Add buttermilk and puree. Mixture should have the consistency of a thick sauce. Add additional buttermilk if needed. Set aside.
2. Spray a large skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add Canadian bacon and cook until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Cut reserved artichoke hearts in quarters and add to the skillet just to heat though. Return bacon to skillet and stir to mix with artichokes. Turn off heat and cover pan lightly with foil.
3. Split English muffins in half and toast until lightly golden.
4. Line a plate with paper towels. Fill a large stockpot or saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and add vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat to maintain a simmer. Crack an egg into a small dish. Drop the egg slowly into the pan of simmering water. With a slotted spoon, move whites close to the yolk until it starts to set and repeat with remaining eggs. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on desired doneness of yolks. When an egg is done, remove with a slotted spoon and place on prepared plate.
5. To serve, place the split English muffins on each of 4 plates. Divide the bacon artichoke mixture among the halves. Top each with a poached egg, then spoon a teaspoonful of artichoke sauce on the eggs. Sprinkle with chopped chives. Serve with additional sauce in a bowl on the side.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2014