1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside. Add green beans to pot, cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl with ice water. Once chilled, drain green beans and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Separate sliced shallots into rings and toss with flour until evenly coated. Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it reaches 360 degrees. Add about a third of the shallots, shaking off excess flour, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shallots to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining shallots; season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 8 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
5. Add sherry, 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, butter, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to now-empty skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce mixture until glazy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
6. Add green beans and mushrooms to skillet and cook, tossing frequently, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a serving dish and sprinkle with shallots and remaining 1/2 teaspoon orange zest.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, October - November 2018