1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk and stir in with a fork until dough begins to come together. Pat mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 1/2-inch tart pan with removable bottom or a 9 to 10 inch pie pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes untilgolden. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
3. While shell cools, prepare the glaze. In a small saucepan, combine preserves and water. Cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes until preserves have melted, whisking continuously. Remove from heat and let stand until cooled slightly, 10 minutes. Alternately, combine preserves and water ina microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well and let cool. Set aside.
4. When shell is cool, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, whisk together mascarpone, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until well blended. It may look slightly curdled, but that's OK. Spread in tart shell.
5. Arrange strawberries and kiwi fruit in a decorative pattern over mascarponemixture, overlapping the slices. Brush glaze over fruit and let set 5 minutes. Serve immediately, or chill several hours; may be prepared a day in advance.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2012