1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together chia seeds and water. Let rest while you mix remaining ingredients; it will become a thick gel in about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, agave, almond or soy milk, vanilla, and lemon zest and juice.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until just blended; a few small lumps are fine. The mixture will start to bubble slightly. Immediately fold in bananas and chia seed gel and mix until there aren't any lumps.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle the surface of each with a pinch of chia seeds. Bake until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2013