1. Prepare the chicken. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and basil. Add chicken pieces and stir to coat well. Marinate, refrigerated, while you prepare the ratatouille.
2. Prepare the lentil ratatouille. In a large pot, combine lentils, bay leaves, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat to maintain a simmer until lentils are cooked through but still slightly firm, about 30 to 35 minutes.
3. Preheat grill. While lentils are cooking, cut the onion, eggplants, zucchini, bell pepper, and tomatoes as directed and place on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of the vegetables with oil.
4. When the grill is heated, brush with a bit of oil and grill vegetables until cooked through, turning about halfway through, about 6 minutes per side for the onion, peppers, and eggplants, 4 minutes per side for the zucchini, and 2 minutes per side for the tomatoes. Return grilled vegetables to the baking sheet to cool slightly. (Leave grill turned on for the chicken.)
5. When vegetables are cool enough to handle, chop into bite-size pieces, add to the cooked lentils, and cook over low heat about 5 to 10 minutes to let flavors blend. Season with salt and pepper.
6. While lentils and vegetables are cooking, thread chicken onto 4 skewers and grill until done, about 8 to 10 minutes, lightly browning all sides.
7. To serve, spoon the lentil ratatouille into 4 shallow bowls. Top with a chicken skewer, and place a lemon wedge on the side.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2011 By Catherine Walthers