1. Add water to a medium saucepan and pour 1 cup sugar into the center of the pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until mixture begins to turn golden around the edges, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, swirling occasionally, until mixture turns amber and begins to smoke, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat and carefully whisk in 1/2 cup cream (mixture will bubble vigorously). Add miso and 1 tablespoon butter and whisk until smooth; cover and set aside.
3. Beat remaining 1 cup cream, rum, and 2 teaspoons sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form; refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter and brush evenly over cut sides of cake. Heat grill to medium-high, then clean and oil grates. Grill pineapple until lightly charred and softened, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Grill cake slices until lightly charred and heated through, 30 to 60 seconds per side.
5. To serve, transfer cake slices to plates and top evenly with pineapple, whipped cream, and caramel sauce.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2016