1. Preheat grill. While grill heats, start the agrodolce. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add shallots and salt. Cook and stir until shallots soften, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add wine, vinegar, and sugar. Simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add cherries and rosemary; stir to combine. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, just to heat through. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Spray steaks with olive oil cooking spray. Season all sides of the steaks with the rub. Place steaks on grill and cook for 8 minutes or until well marked. Turn steaks and cook an additional 4 to 8 minutes, until steaks reach desired doneness (6 minutes will deliver a medium steak with a slightly pink center). Transfer steaks to a plate or cutting board and let rest 10 minutes, tented with foil, before serving.
5. To serve, slice steaks thinly, making sure to slice against the grain. Place on a platter and top with reserved sauce.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2011 - Recipe by Kimberly Mayone